Business Insurance Explained
It is tempting for a small business owner to skip buying business insurance policies to save a few hundred dollars in costs; however, considering its importance, especially for small businesses with relatively small yet valuable capital, we encourage clients to reconsider. Consider the importance of protecting yourself against substantial financial losses brought by natural disasters, business interruptions, workers injuries, loss of equipment, or other unforeseen situations.
Keep in mind that owners of small businesses are at higher risks for these losses considering that their personal assets are at stake. Many business owners, in fact, use their personal assets as collateral for business loans.
What is Business Insurance
Business insurance refers to the coverage provided by insurance companies wherein the policy holders are protected from losses brought by events during the normal course of business. The coverage may be partial or complete compensation for damages and/or losses incurred during specified events like natural disasters and man made acts of vandalism, to name a few. Keep in mind that most insurance policies will have specific coverage so it’s important to pay attention to the terms and conditions of the contract.
What are the Types of Business Insurance
The term business insurance is an umbrella term for several distinct types of insurance plans. A small business owner is well-advised to secure at least 2 of the most important insurance plans according to their specific business needs and wants.
- Property insurance insures against losses or damages on the business’ physical structures including offices, factories and warehouses.
- Liability insurance protects against liabilities arising from lawsuits lodged by third parties against the business for its negligence.
- Commercial auto insurance refers to the coverage on the business’ vehicles since personal auto insurance is not applicable to these automobiles.
- Workers’ Compensation provides protection for both workers and employees, workers can receive automatic payments in case of workplace-related injuries and illnesses while employers will be spared the costs of litigation’s.
Business owners should also consider Health insurance, Scripted policies, Casualty insurance and Life and Disability insurance.
We work with all types of businesses and know the nuances of each industry and, thus, we can offer the best terms and conditions for your business insurance needs.
At Crystal Insurance we offer industry leading Business Insurance policies at competitive prices in Washington DC and the surrounding areas. We are committed to helping you find the right policy for you, at the right price.
To discuss your needs for Business Insurance in the Washington DC area contact Crystal Insurance Agency or request a business insurance quote online.
Types of Businesses that Crystal Insurance Works With:
• Restaurants/cafes/bakeries/food trucks
• Beauty shop/nail salons
• Grocery stores
• Operators of commercial automobiles